Things To Do In Sheffield
Why We Love Sheffield
Sheffield is such a hugely diverse city with a huge mix of cultures and ideas making it an exciting place to be.
All those different cultures have also created an amazing fusion of flavours for foodie guests and visitors.
The student population, huge clubs and massive live music scene means Sheffield totally rocks!
How To Get Around Sheffield
A network of buses and trams cross the city reaching as far as the huuuuuge Meadowhall shopping centre.
One day tickets are available giving you unlimited public travel across Sheffield over a 24-hour period.
The centre of Sheffield around the party spots of West Street is compact and easy to navigate on foot.
Things To Do In Sheffield At Night
West Street is the place to be if you're looking for things to do in Sheffield at night and like things lively. You'll find the regular city crowd and student population gravitate here, where you'll find the biggest bars and clubs. There are smaller streets around this area that hold some great surprises as well as excellent restaurants. Foodies can get tropical thanks to the city's huge afro-Caribbean population. If you like it live, Sheffield has a massive musical heritage and great music scene with plenty of live venues featuring up and coming artists.
To Do List
Things to Do In Sheffield
As well as a great list of Sheffield activities there are still plenty of other things to do in Sheffield including tranquil walks to tasty treats.
- Winter Gardens - A perfect haven in the middle of the city centre full of tropical plants and a nice balmy atmosphere.
- Millennium Galleries - Art, craft and design come together in this excellent space that showcases the best local talent as well as other artists.
- Nichols Building - Love vintage? Then grab your net bag and head to this amazing building packed with vintage clothes, jewellery and more.
- Get Tipsy - No, not drunk! Enjoy a delicious tipsy tea with tea, cakes, savouries, sandwiches and cocktails.
- Eat - Sheffield really is packed with so many amazing flavours, give the chains a miss and sample the incredible local eateries.
- Museums - At the Millennium Galleries there is a range of great museums and art venues around the city.
- Go Live - The city is justly proud of its musical heritage (Arctic Monkeys, Def Leppard, Pulp, Heaven 17 and more) and has great live venues.
- Escape - Locked in a room you have just 60 minutes to escape or it could be "Game Over" for good!
- Peak District - If the city gets too much you can always head out and explore the stunning scenery of the Peak District National Park.
- Meadowhall - If you're in need of a bit of retail therapy, Meadowhall on the outskirts of the city is of the UK's biggest malls.
3 Weird Sheffield Facts
- Around a third of the city is actually inside the Peak District National Park.
- Sheffield FC is the world's oldest football club, founded in 1857.
- The city has its own version of Banksy, a mysterious artist known as 'Phlegm'.
Best Bits of Sheffield
St Paul's - Packed with smart bars, swanky restaurants, this sophisticated part of the city if a classy place to play.
Antiques Quarter - Chocked-full of antiques and vintage stores, there's also great cafes and a monthly flea market.
West Street - This is where you'll find the biggest bars and clubs which draws the weekend crowds and student population.
Eccleshall Road - This long road is lined with dozens of bars, restaurants and eateries and is very popular with the student population.
Fulwood - Gastro pubs, live music venues, this rather fancy suburb is a mix of leafy avenues and hipster hangouts.