Things To Do In Lisbon
It looks good!
The Portuguese love looking good, the city drips with great style, perfect for shoppers and fashionistas.
Lisbon is a foodie paradise! The fresh and flavoursome cuisine focuses on the country's very best produce.
This is no sleepy capital, it is packed full of amazing Lisbon activities and adventures.
Get fit and stay green. You can reduce your carbon footprint by giving public transport a miss and sticking to the city's Public Bikes.
If pedalling isn't your thing then you can buzz about the city using tram, buses and an excellent underground rail network.
The best way to get out and about and save a few pennies, a travel card gives you access to all types of public transport.
Lisbon is a city of impeccable taste, whether it's a cool cocktail on a sunny afternoon, finding an alfresco cafe or bar to sit and watch the world go by, enjoy fine dining, street food or cocktails, nightclubbing or wine tasting, there are so many things to do in Lisbon at night. The city also has a number of Michelin starred restaurants including the world-famous Alma.
To Do List
- Surfing - A little known fact, Lisbon is actually one of the world's best surfing destinations with people flocking from around the world.
- St George's Castle - Named after the very same fella as the English flag (the one who fought the dragon), it offers unrivalled views.
- Shopping - An exceptionally well-dressed city, Lisbon is all about the look, you can grab your own price of Lisbon style to take home.
- Wine Tasting - Portugal wines are amongst the best in the world so to not enjoy some local vinos would be rude!
- Sunset Cruise - Relax in style and take in the stunning sights as the sun dips down over the horizon, breathtaking and one of our top picks.
- Go Cars - Without a doubt the funkiest way to go sightseeing ever invented! These quirky little two-seater cars look great and are so much fun to drive. LINK
- Eat - The city really is top-class when it comes to tasty treats and dining experiences. Enjoy a glass of port and a Pasteis de Nata, it's as Portuguese as it gets!
- Oceanarium - One of Europe's largest aquariums it a fascinating place that does vital research to protect global marine life.
- Feira da Ladra - A grand market where you can pick up all kinds of weird and wonderful goodies, one of the coolest things to do in Lisbon.
- Golf - Portugal has some of the world's best golf courses so you can tee up an afternoon of exceptional sporting warfare!
- Lisbon is the oldest city in Western Europe dating back over 2,700 years.
- James Bond author Ian Flemming was stationed in Lisbon while working as a British Naval Intelligence Officer.
- England have a Portuguese princess and Charles II's wife, Catharine of Braganca, to thank for introducing tea to our thirsty nation.
Alfama - Lisbon's oldest district and really traditional with old architecture, restaurants and fado venue (traditional music).
Bairro Alto - The city's famous party district, if you're looking for a big night out this is definitely the best area to either start or finish (or both!).
Baixa - Packed with the city's best shops and boutiques. There are also plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants making it a lively part of the city at night.
Avenida da Liberdade- Portugal's most famed shopping street, it's the place to come for a bit of retail therapy.
Cais do Sodré - Having been given a hipster makeover, Cais do Sodre is perhaps the most current and up and coming area of the city. It has a laid back boho feel and plenty of indie stores and cafes.