Things To Do In Leeds
Why We Love Leeds
Not geographically, it's still in the same place, but Leeds loves music and likes to dance and has some amazing nightlife!
The huge fusion of cultures and cuisines around the city makes it a great place to eat, drink and sample Yorkshire.
With a huge number of different activities in Leeds: nightlife, restaurants, shops, there is just so much to choose from!
How To Get Around Leeds
There are no trams or metro, in Leeds, it's bus, train or 'nowt'. However, the city centre is not huge and easy to get around on foot.
You can save on transport with an MCard, and group tickets give unlimited flexible travel en route to your activities in Leeds.
If you have got group members joining you from further afield, Leeds Bradford Airport has flights across the UK and Europe.
Things To Do In Leeds At Night
Leeds loves to party! There's a huge array of things to do in Leeds at night, from live music and comedy clubs, meals and cocktails to friendly competition and laughter filled packages. Being a university city there is a diverse culture of entertainment and plenty of venues to suit all kinds of budgets, from Michelin starred restaurants to mixing your cocktails. So whether it's activities in Leeds or just laughs and adventure, there is plenty on offer.
To Do List
Things to Do In Leeds
- The Corn Exchange - Packed with indie shops, cafes and eateries, this stunning building is just a great place to hang and relax.
- Bushcraft Survival - Because if ever you find yourselves in the wilds of Yorkshire, it's vital you can still make a proper brew. LINK
- Brewery Tour - When it's not brewing tea, Yorkshire brews some of the UK's best drinks. You can get in on the act and get sampling here.
- Escape Room - Locked in a room, you have just 60 minutes to unravel the clues and puzzles and make it safely to freedom! LINK
- Cinemas - Leeds has not one but two independent cinemas that offer a totally different type of experience for movie fans.
- Multi-activity Day - Fill your day with a selection of different adventures so you can have your cake and eat it, race it, climb it... LINK
- Shopping - If you're in need of a bit of retail therapy, Leeds shopping centre is bigger than Heathrow Airport!
- The Arcades - With not a chain or high street brand in sight, Leeds' two Arcades are a shopper's paradise for those the love to be different.
- Roundhay Park - Just three miles north of the city centre, you can enjoy wide open space with 700 acres of stunning parkland to explore.
- The Royal Armouries - History buffs can have a (battle) field day with over 8,000 artefacts from around the world dating back centuries.
3 Weird Leeds Facts
- Hippos used to live here. Hippo remains (dating back 100,000 years) have been found in the city centre.
- Marks & Spencer started life in Leeds and were originally a penny bazaar market stall.
- Karl Marx, 'the father of communism' and world-renowned political thinker, once wrote for the local Leeds newspaper.
Best Bits of Leeds
Headingley - This trendy student populated area if rife with craft breweries, hipster cafes and cool bars and eateries.
Meanwood - With a village feel and leafy streets it's a great area to visit, by day, to take a breather from the busy city centre.
Holbeck - Leeds' most up and coming area where you'll find the cool kids hanging out with hip bars, cafes and avocados a plenty.
Chapel Allerton - Another funky area if you're looking for a night out, dubbed the 'Notting Hill of the North' it has a rich culture.
City Centre - Naturally this is where most of the party action is at with the biggest bars, clubs, restaurants and live entertainment venues.