Things To Do In Essex
Why We Love Essex
With a blinding white smile and not a hair out of place, Essex always looks good!
The bars, the restaurants, and especially the seafronts and countryside, Essex is a great looking county.
It's well packed!
With great activities, nightlife, food, locally produced goods and treats, Essex works hard and plays harder!
How To Get Around Essex
There are good rail links around the country and many fast/direct lines straight into London's King's Cross.
Crossed by the M25, the county is really scenic and mostly flat making it a really pleasant area to explore by car.
Stanstead is the UK's fourth busiest airport with cheap flights to many other UK cities.
Things To Do In Essex At Night
Essex nightlife is legendary! Long before TOWIE hit our screens Essex has had a taste for all things bling and has some amazingly opulent and sexy bars from Basildon to Southend. It's also home to great country pubs, rustic hideaways and artisan eateries. If it's action you're after then ten pin bowling and crazy golf are both given quite a party and decidedly adult makeover with tunes and cocktails. When it comes to things to do in Essex at night there are so many amazing options you really are well sorted!
To Do List
Things to Do In Essex
- White Water Rafting - One of the country's top watersports sites will let you get wet and wild and try something new.
- Wine & Dine - Essex has a number of award-winning vineyards where you can sample the wines and enjoy a bite to eat.
- Afternoon Tea - The county is renowned for its taste, doubly so when it comes to the afternoon teas which are delicious!
- Fish & Chips - If you're hitting the seaside to explore sights like Southend Pier you simply have to do fish and chips!
- Seal Watching - The coast and estuaries are home to seals and huge numbers of birds and marine life of huge scientific importance.
- TOWIE Tour - OMG, you can make people like well jel by doing a TOWIE tour, hit the Sugar Hut an' that innit.
- Get Active - Miles and miles of stunning countryside means there are some great challenges and activities for your bucket list.
- Shop - From designer outlet parks to the massive Lakeside shopping mall, Essex is a shopper's paradise.
- Colchester Zoo - Packed with the cute and cuddlies as well as the big and scaries, one of the UK's best zoos.
- Go Nuclear - Left over from the Cold War, a secret nuclear bunker is buried 120 metres underground and marked by a simple bungalow.
- Southend Pier - Extending 1 mile out to sea, and over 100 years old, it's the world's longest pleasure pier.
3 Weird Essex Facts
- Essex has 35 islands, more than any other county, many featuring important nature reserves.
- Bling! It's also the richest county in the UK, in fact, on its own it features in the top 100 economies in the world!
- As well as the longest pier, largest village, oldest wooden church, the women of Essex on average have the largest cup-sizes.
Best Bits of Essex
Southend - Sitting on the seafront, with its pier and pleasure island, it's a playground by day and party town by night.
Colchester - Former capital of England and the country's oldest town, Colchester is steeped in history, shops and great restaurants.
Brentwood - Amazing shops and boutiques, top clubs and bars, if you want to see the Essex dream this is where it's at.
Chelsmford - Another town proud of its Roman heritage, Chelmsford is a really funky and modern location.