Things To Do In Chester
Home to footballers and soap stars, the area surrounding Chester is considered one of the most expensive and desirable locations in the UK.
Chester is a shopper's paradise. Top names and designers as well as independent stores and boutiques.
Chester knows how to party. It's well dressed, sophisticated, sips cocktails and dances to top tunes!
Chester is really easy to navigate on foot so you won't need to squeeze everyone into taxis just to get to your next party destination.
If you're heading out and about for your Chester activities, get unlimited bus travel with a Zone TravelCard which are available online.
However, for the big nights out you won't need to squeeze everyone into cabs as the city centre is really compact and heel-friendly.
Chester is a fab party city. It's certainly not unusual to see Premier League footballers and soap stars rubbing shoulders in the VIP areas of the best clubs. It was the Beckhams', the Giggs' and the Scholes' that helped make the area such a hotbed for A-listers and if you're looking for things to do in Chester you could suddenly find yourself dancing next to your favourite Corrie character.
As well as the clubs, Chester has a great selection of restaurants and bars covering all tastes and cuisines.
Storyhouse is another hugely popular venue, the impressive art deco building houses a theatre, cinema and restaurants.
To Do List
- Chester Zoo - One of the country's most famous zoos and a big player in international conservation programs.
- A Day At The Races - Bring your glam to the track, a fantastic course for a day out and enjoy a little flutter.
- Afternoon Tea - Delicious teas, tasty sandwiches, fabulous cakes, what more do you need in life?
- Chester Rows - The famous shopping areas are one of the best things to do in Chester whatever the weather!
- Roman Amphitheatre - Step back in time and learn about the history of this ancient and fascinating city.
- Shop - As well as the Rows, Chester is packed with designer names and massive outlet centre with huge savings on top brands.
- Blue Planet Aquarium - Get up close and personal with 10 different kinds of shark!
- Walk the Walls - With so much of the city's old wall still intact you can tour the city from up high.
- Chester's football team is truly international. The offices and car park are in England but you cross the border into Wales to reach the pitch.
- Beth Tweddle, footballers Micheal Owen and Tom Heaton, and Craig, Daniel Craig all come from Chester.
- There's a famous law that people say is still in place that it is still legal to shoot a Welshman with an arrow after midnight. This is actually an urban legend, please don't shoot any Welshman.
City Centre - It's where the party's at! Packed with the best bars, restaurants, clubs and the famous shops.
Curzon Park - Close to the city centre, this leafy area is a gentle rest-bite from the hustle of the Rows and shops.
Handbridge - On the south bank of the River Dee, with a village atmosphere and some grand houses.
Upton-by-Chester - Formerly two separate villages, the area is home to wide-open spaces and Chester Zoo.
Boughton - To the east of the city centre, Boughton is rich in Roman history and split by the Shropshire Union Canal.