Things To Do In Belfast
A relatively small city, packed with things to do in Belfast, all easily accessible and game for a laugh.
Belfast has undergone massive changes and is still evolving and finding new and fun ways to present itself.
You can have a great time without having to blow the budget. Hotels, nights out and Belfast activities.
Shank's pony: Belfast city centre is easily accessible by foot, so no need to squeeze everyone into cabs when heading to those activities in Belfast.
If you're feeling fit you can hop on one of the public bikes you'll find at docking stations around the city, then drop it off when you're done.
If you do need to spend, the most cost-efficient way to travel around the city is with a pre-paid Travel Card to hop on hop off with ease.
It wouldn't be cruel to say that Belfast is a bit of a goodtime girl. With a slightly chequered history, the city has thrown all caution to the wind and will let its hair down at the drop of a bodhran (drum). Great clubs, restaurants, music venues and a superb comedy scene there are plenty of things to do in Belfast at night. But squeezing in large groups can be tough. Take the worries out of your evening and let AdventureClick book your big weekend for you so you can save time, money and hassle.
To Do List
If you're still wondering what to do in Belfast, wonder no more, in fact, you'll be spoilt for choice with so much on offer, the question should be: how will you fit it all in?
- Titanic Museum - A museum dedicated to the world's most famous ship, located in the docks where she was built.
- Botanic Gardens - Enjoy the fresh air and wide-open spaces of these beautifully tended gardens.
- Ulster Fry - It's the only way to start the day. But don't be inhibited by boring things like time. Find an all-day Ulster fry and tuck in!
- St George's Market - A huge, traditional market packed with history, energy and all kinds of curious goodies.
- Titanic Quarter - The area around the old shipyards has undergone a massive transformation to become a major spot.
- Belfast Zoo - A major part of Europe's international breeding program and home to all kinds of "Awwww" cuteness.
- Go Fish - Weird and wonderful it's become one of Belfast's most recognizable sites and perfect for that group selfie.
- Game On - With so much of Game of Thrones having been shot in Belfast, there is just so much to see and discover.
- Carrickfergus Castle - or go and see this genuine castle, dating back over 800 years, a short 30-minute ride from Belfast.
- Belfast Docks built the Titanic, the city was the ship's last port before its fateful journey.
- Much of hit TV show Game of Thrones was filmed in Belfast, now a must-see for GoT fans.
- It's home to an annual Bog Snorkelling Championship.
Central - No prizes for guessing this is the very centre of the city, surrounded by the best bars, cafes, restaurants and more.
The Cathedral Quarter - A "wee" walk from Central, this arty area has great artisan food and drink culture and creative minds.
The Golden Mile - Running from Belfast Hall to Queen's University it's rich with nightlife and a great party crowd.
Titanic Quarter - Having undergone a massive transformation, trendy bars and apartments sit on the water's edge.
Queens Quarter - Close to the university, the area is popular with students and has a lively vibe for a lower budget.